1.09.2011

and more animal figures...

As you may or may have not noticed, the shop is being populated with animal and wildlife figures at the moment, just click on the vintage zoo section for a quick field trip J When I went to an auction last month I was hoping to find vintage organizational stuff for a new years update; like drawers, desk trays and the like but instead found lots of animal figures; from elephants to these cute marble creatures. I barely got into the box of carved wood birds and the brass rabbits this weekend.  

Bunny rabbits, aren't they adorable… and since it is the year of the rabbit, what great timing to find these bunny themed decor to offer to the shop.
  

So here's a little tidbit about the Year of The Rabbit according to the Chinese Zodiac:  The year of the Rabbit promises to bring some much needed peace and tranquility...People born in the Year of the Rabbit are kind, loving persons, and dislike any hostile act. They give others an impression of being frail-looking because of their gentle appearance. But, in fact they are strong-minded and have strong wills. They pursue their ideals all their lives in a precise and orderly way. They do things slowly and deliberately because of their cautious characters. Rabbit people are usually relatively careful when it comes to their finances. They love hunting for antiques, arts and crafts and will tend to make sound investments in these types of things.


Ahem, sounds so much like me especially the last part... for sure I thought I was born within the rabbit years but I'm not, turns out I am a rooster which has the following prediction btw; "Rooster is the sign most likely to encounter difficulties this year." Well, I say bring it on baby! I'm ready for you! 

but back to the auction finds...I also found these old majolica plates...the piece de resistance of my recent auction trip.   From years of reading and researching (prowling ebay) about Majolica, I've never seen anything like this with the whimsical pattern of bunnies doing human things dressed in dapper attire.  So very tempting to keep...



There you have it, a sneak peek of what's coming to the shop this week!


7 comments:

  1. HOORAH! I love this section and have been adoring all your animal finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, bunnies! How I adore bunnies! Those plates are amazing, and I enjoyed reading the year of the rabbit bit. I forget what I am...I think monkey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those rabbit plates are adorable! I can imagine how hard it'd be to get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like such prim and proper rabbits, with their elegant clothing! Haha. Honestly I think these ones are keepers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these adorable bunnies! :)
    ~Michele
    http://barkingbirds.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete