11.10.2010

my vintage collection: decorative eggs

As you may or may not know, I loooove estate auctions, I'd go weekly if there's one around my area, but lucky for my bank account and for my small abode it's only once a month, otherwise I'd be broke with a house full of junk (read treasures).  But really where else would you find large lots of a specific vintage item available up for bids like these big crate full of antique notary seals, or a large tin can full of vintage thimbles and just last week a large basket of vintage decorative eggs?! Perhaps in your grandmas attic, certainly not on ebay or Goodwill.

The photo above is a small part of an egg collection; the set was too big so it was divided into five lots. I won one of the smaller lot.  The collection was from a consigner who’s not even a dealer but just a big fan of eggs.

Below is an arty photo of my daugher showing off the handpainted jade eggs.

They will be listed in the shop sometime soon.  Hope you're having an egg-cellent day! sorry I can't help it :)

3 comments:

  1. Those look so great and colourful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see what you find at these auctions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been some collection!

    ReplyDelete