11.28.2009

for the wall

More prints from the pop art era. These are two sided colorplate prints cut and framed from the pages of the History of Art series published in 1977 set in a nice wooden frames in gold tone .

wall art4
Colorplate 131. Jasper Johns. Three Flags. 1958


wall art3
Colorplate 128. Frank Stella. Empress of India. 1965.


wall art5
Colorplate 135. George Segal. Cinema. 1963.


wall art2
and my favorite print titled "Clothespin" by Claes Oldenburg. 1967.

wall art2

They will be listed in the shop by tomorrow.

This last photo is the Surrealist art that I've won from an estate auction last week. It's a nice one although I can't make out the artists' signature. If anyone could help me identify this mystery artist will receive a surprise gift from the shop.

s5d

s3ed

s1ed

5 comments:

  1. I love the clothespin as well. Happy Holidays! I love your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like the clothespin. Very cool prints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice etching! Are there any other markings besides the signature?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments!

    Scott,
    No I couldn't find any other markings anywhere, I'm thinking of offering it to my etsy shop but don't have any idea how to price it without knowing the artist, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's obviously a skillfully executed piece. I wish I could help you out, but I can't make heads or tails of the signature either.

    ReplyDelete