9.24.2009

30 days of happiness: 20

happiness is...

pasta

...cooking up a new recipe (pasta primavera) for the first time and getting a great result (like good as in everyone-went-for-seconds-and-scraped-the-bottom-of-the-pan-clean good).

Being that we’re not big pasta eaters, everyone loved it, the kids even ate the veggies. I got the recipe from a magazine while I was waiting in the dentist office the other day. I made it last night. It’s meatless and I added some portabello mushroom, asparagus, carrots, red bell peppers, grape tomatoes, parmesan cheese and a squeezed of lemon just before serving. And Bam! Yummy, light, healthy pasta dinner, I’d say great alternative if you’re tired of the saucy pasta recipes.

4 comments:

  1. Omg, that looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious! Squeezed lemon sounds good. Did you saute anything in oil? or just steam the vegetables?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot the most important ingredient; lots of garlic and sauteed in olive oil with the veggies, also added some italian seasoning.

    ReplyDelete