3.23.2009

weekend finds

It was a nice and lovely weekend, we had one chilly and cloudy day perfect for lounging around, cooking, crafting, reading and a nice sunny day and a visit to the park, couple of hours of gardening and of course a bit of thrifting.

But before I reveal my new finds, I just want to do a couple of shout-outs to the following lovely Etsy people. I was pleasantly surprise to find Modish Vintage featured on the Etsy's Storque "Etsy Find Vintage" column this weekend. A big thank you to TeenAngster for a great and informative post!

And also a big thanks to nataliesnest for including my owl paperweight on her new treasury; to jewelcard for adding my pin buttons on her lovely treasury and my cobalt blue cups on cindylouwho2's treasury as well. Thanks guys! You made me feel like a celebrity this weekend!

So onto my weekend finds:

Beautiful vintage tins. I just can't get enough of this tins especially the one in teal with bouquet of flowers.


Red vintage shoe form, I have a few pairs of this in natural wood colour I bought for hubby but never in red, it would make a great display on the wall or on a window sill.

A modern print fabric streched out on a canvas. So cute!



A bright yellow vintage swivel chair I will use as prop for my photos, also serves as an endless amusement ride for the kids at the moment.

And last but not the least, my heart-stopping, eye-popping, amazing fabric find ever. I am keeping this and maybe make a couple of pillows or tote or something.



It's one of those days where I feel like I hit the jackpot in thrifting, and in my excitement of it all I left a bag with my desk lamp in it. Guess I have a reason to go back shopping there today.

6 comments:

  1. wow! those really are great finds. I'm jealous- i love that fabric!

    www.theincrowdboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric on canvas piece is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love your finds so much I can't pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A feast for the eyes! So many cool things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that teal tin is rad. You are one serious vintage shopper!

    ReplyDelete