9.21.2009

30 days of happiness: 18

happiness is a day at the fair




fair

There’s always something innately magical about being at the fair. The roller coaster rides, the games and cute stuff animal prizes, a wide array of deep fried foods (saw a deep fried chocolate covered bacon this weekend), ice cream, gigantic burgers and fries, etc. It’s the next best thing to Disneyland really.

fair

This weekend we took the kids and my nephew to a state fair, the weather was nice and we spent a whole afternoon eating, waiting in line for a couple of rides, petting some livestock, more eating and half the time explaining to the kids why there's no way we're going to buy a $15 Dora or Diego baloon.

fair

At the end I gave in and bought each of them a bubble gun instead, which my son later used to try and get this cows attention and the woman behind him (silly kid).

fair11ed

When we got to one side of the park we decided to ride the cable car to get back to the other end. The ride can only fit three person so I rode with the kids and my husband and nephew went to another. Of course I was a nervous wreck and started thinking of hundred and one ways something is going to go wrong and we're all going to crash and die, of course nothing bad happened and the kids really enjoyed seeing all the attractions from up above. (sigh) Parenting undeniably made me an uncool and paranoid mom I am sure.

fair

We had some cheesequake burger (they're huge), fries, and some shaved ice, sorry no pictures but I thought this was cute I sneak a photo of this lady having snack with Mr Tiger.

fair

And just before heading back, I lined up for ten minutes to get one of this, because it wouldn't be complete without having one buttery, sugary elephant ears to go.

It was a great day overall, despite the fact that I am now paying the prize for eating all that junk food.

1 comment:

  1. My memories of taking my kids to the fair, even of walking around the fair when pregnant, are some of my favorites - those moments seemed imprinted in a very special way.

    ReplyDelete