12.25.2008

merry Christmas!

So were still recovering from inhaling way too much food from our family “noche buena” which was hosted by my brother at his house last night. Noche Buena is a Philippine traditional dinner feast that is shared on the night of Christmas Eve, usually after the family has attended the late evening mass, except we didn’t go to any mass yesterday because there’s still plenty of snow on the ground, so we just ate all night. My mom and sis-in-law prepared the dinner and everything was delicious.

The kids were very excited with all the gifts they’ve got this year. They got so many; we came home with three huge garbage bags full of loot. Jovan’s most favorite one was a gumball machine. He wanted to sleep with it last night and when he woke up this morning it was the first thing he asked. Forget the 127 pieces train set, a big robot or the Hotwheels, all he cared about was his gumball machine; kids are so uncomplicated sometimes.

Hubby and I didn’t exchanged gifts this Christmas, actually this would be the 4th year we agreed not to buy each other gifts. It’s so unromantic I know, but we’re thinking more on a practical side. We always buy the things we needed when we need them, and plus I’m so picky with everything it would be waste of his money and time to buy me anything cause I would just return them for money. Now give me two hours a day, five days a week to go shopping at my favorite thrift stores while you babysit the kids without telling me what junk am I taking to the house again and do not make me feel guilty that I’m neglecting the kids with my thrifting obsession. Now that would be the best Christmas present ever!

1 comment: