Chairs, lamps and enamelware are on top of my mental list to look for when thrifting or antiquing. Last year when I spotted a pair of vintage fire extinguishers I thought, LAMP! it would be so cool to turn these babies into lamp! But like any other projects, it always seem daunting at first but the process was actually quite easy. So this past weekend, with the help of my husband I added two awesome lamps in my inventory.
- vintage fire extinguisher
- lamp kit (available at Home Depot or Lowes)
1. Clean fire extinguisher and drill top center for the socket to go in, this particular one has a little tiny cap on top, so I didn't have to drill into it, I just unscrewed the metal cap off the top.
2. Install electrical kit and drill a small hole on the lower back of the can to be able to thread the cord through that plugs into the wall.
3. Add a light bulb and a shade (I borrowed this shade from an old lamp) and there you have it; a handsome looking lamp to add a bit of industrial charm to any room.