11.15.2010

weekend find

Today I am starting a blogpost series I will call "weekend find/s" where I'll show you a favorite find from a thrift store in my area from previous weekend.  I love to go to auctions, but it's only being held once a month, so to relieve my need to go junking- I go to my local Deseret or Goodwill whenever I have time on weekends.


this past weekend I'm excited to find these set of four silverplated animal goblet from Goodwill.  At first glance I thought they were bells but they stand on their heads, how awesome is that! When I got home, I searched the internet and found similar ones on ebay for a grand?! Speaking of awesomeness, you know you got something really awesome in your shopping cart when a few shopper just can't help themselves but to stop on their tracks, gawked, touch and feel the items IN your cart. I don't mind the staring, but touching it?  "Um hello sir, you are invading my privacy by touching the items inside my cart, I am afterall holding the cart so you know it's mine right?"  ok I am probably overly sensitive but still, it's just strange.

They're cute little cups to sip champagne from and equally cute with some candy canes; sure to add some festive decor in any room.

10 comments:

  1. love these! what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack!! A grand???? They are totally awesome- congrats on the great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those who can't afford a grand... check these out: http://www.mollaspace.com/popup_extra_images.php?peiID=699 Or look on the site of http://www.goodygrams.com/.
    Have a great day!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, great combination with the candy canes :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic find, they are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my those are lovely! What a great find! And people are annoying, I was shopping for slips just yesterday when a girl starting searching through mine! I nearly slapped her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ouuuuuuuu this is a really really nice find . . . I love the candy cane picture

    ReplyDelete
  8. hang on to these cups...they are divine.
    mea culpa, mea culpa...I AM one of those annoying customers! I don't touch but I do offer unsolicited assistance...yesterday I directed the lady to the matching plates for her cups already in her cart...my bad?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Customized women's leather jackets are supposed to north face jackets give you not just the perfect fit but also the perfect style and color that suits your taste. When you decide to have your jackets customized, Moncler Outlet you need to find the right maker who can do it well for you. You have to make sure that your jackets can be worn along with your other wardrobe for every occasion. The North Face Sale This will make you investment for customizing jackets very practical and cheaper in the long run.

    ReplyDelete